Friday, July 18, 2008

Strawberry Picking

I remember going to pick strawberries with my cousin Holly and my grandparents. It was a small garden we picked out of but it is still a happy memory from my childhood. I was able to take the boys to Lyman Orchards and pick strawberries this year. Both boys seriously ate more strawberries than ended up in the basket. They had a ton of fun and enjoyed themselves. I really am trying to make sure they experience many of the aspects of living in New England.
I know we won't be here forever so I want to enjoy all that we can while we are here.
Grayson showing off his strawberry-right before he demolished it.

Hayden enjoying the fruits of his labor!


This was the basket of strawberries we ended up with at the end of the day. I am sad to say that I probably owe Lyman Orchards a lot more $ because the boys ate so much along the way. I no longer mind paying for strawberries at the grocery store because this was back breaking work. We ate most of the strawberries in two days but I managed to freeze some for when our family comes at the end of August.

No comments: